Papers (in Press)
Kumar, R., & Abraham, B. (2021). Dr Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd: Can It Be An Indian Pharma’s Bellwether Again? Asian Journal of Management Cases. https://doi.org/10.1177/09734082211031368 (ABDC - C, Scopus Indexed)
Chakrabarti, D., Kumar, R., Sarkar, S., & Mukherjee, A. (2021). A Case Study: How did IoT start-up Distronix change its business model to sustain growth in the pay-per-use economy. Journal of Information Technology Teaching Cases. https://doi.org/10.1177/2043886920981587 (Scopus Indexed)
1. Kumar, R, K. Rangarajan and Nagarajan Ranganathan. (2011). " Health Insurance in India- A study of provider’s perceptions in Delhi & NCR", Journal of Health Management, V13 (3), pp. 259-277. Sage Publication. https://doi.org/10.1177/097206341101300302 (ABDC - C, Scopus Indexed)
6. Kumar, R, Swarup Dutta, K. Rangarajan. (2016). “Patanjali Ayurved - An Unconventional Business Machine”, Oakbrook Business Review (OBS). Vol. 2, No. 1. ISSN:2395-4647.
7. Amit Kumar, Rahul Kumar, Swarup Kumar Dutta, Rohit Kumar, Arindam Mukherjee. (2017). "Reconceptualizing Co-opetition using Text Mining: Inductive Derivation of a Consensual Definition of the Field (1996-2015)", International Journal of Business Environment (IJBE). ISSN online: 1740-0597. (Scopus Indexed)
8. Kumar, R & Aditya Duggirala. (2017). “Demystifying Health Insurance Regulations”, The Journal of Insurance Institute of India, Vol. no. IV, Issue No. III, pp. 31-39. Available at: https://www.coi.org.in/downloads/Journals/Journal Jan-Mar 17/index.html
9. Amit Kumar, Kumar, R, Md Reiazul. (2017). “Entrepreneurial Networks and Knowledge Transfer: The Moderating Role of Incubator/Accelerator Affiliation”, Asian Economic and Financial Review 7(11):1093-1107. DOI:10.18488/journal.aefr.2017.711.1093.1107. (ABDC - C, Scopus Indexed)
10. Kaustav Saha, Kumar, R, Swarup Dutta, Tanushree Dutta. (2017). “A Content Adequate Five-Dimensional Entrepreneurial Orientation Scale”, Journal of Business Venturing Insights (JBVI), Vol 8:41-49. ISSN: 2352-6734.DOI: 10.1016/j.jbvi.2017.05.006.
11. Kumar, R. (2019). “Corporate Social Responsibility: Theory, Drivers and Global Best Practices”, Journal of Development Research, Vol. 9, Issue3. ISSN No. 2229-7561. Available at : https://vesim.ves.ac.in/images/jdr/July - September 2016.pdf
12. Kumar, R. (2019). Max India: Talent Management Through Max Performance Excellence Framework. Indian Journal of Training and Development, 49(3), 33-38. Available at?: https://www.istd.co.in/journals/IJTD-2019-July-Sep.pdf.
13. Kumar, R & Dutta, S. K. (2019). Max India Group: How to Create a Culture of Maxism? Emerging Economies Cases Journal, 1(1–2), 43–51. https://doi.org/10.1177/2516604219889241
14. Kumar, R, & Dutta, S. K., (2019). Business excellence framework as a competitive advantage: the case of max group. Case Folio, XIX(4), 47-60. Available at: https://www.icmrindia.org/casestudies/catalogue/Operations/OPER139.htm
15. Kumar, R & Duggirala, A. (2019). Policyholder protection: towards building a robust complaint management system. IRDA Journal, XVII (1), 48-55. Available at: https://www.irdai.gov.in/ADMINCMS/cms/frmGeneral_List.aspx?DF=JRNL?=15
16. Kumar, R & Aditya Duggirala. (2019). "Managing Health Insurance Business in a VUCA World", The Insurance Times, Vol. XXXIX, No.12, December, pp. 34-38. Available at: https://reader.magzter.com/preview/mclqyktcnbnpgiqf5e7ora3926240/392624#page/4
17. Kumar, R. (2019). The Five Strategic Building Blocks of Mandated Corporate Social Responsibility. In Mandated Corporate Social Responsibility. CSR, Sustainability, Ethics & Governance. Springer Cham. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-24444-6_3. (Scopus Indexed)
18. Kumar, R. (2020). "Strategy Mind-Map: How to Use and Practical Implications", The IUP Journal of Business Strategy, Vol. XVII, No. 1, 2020, pp1-13. Available at: https://search.proquest.com/docview/2425003576?pq-origsite=gscholar&fromopenview=true
19. Kumar, R. (2020). " Talent Management Strategy: Process, Early-Warning Signals, and Important Considerations", Indian Journal of Training and Development, Vol 50 (1& 2), pp 106-111. ISSN No. 0971-5592.
20. Kumar, R. & Shukla, AK. (2020). " Dynamic Dalmia: Can They Do It Again?", Emerging Economies Cases Journal, Vol 2(1), pp 34-43. https://doi.org/10.1177/2516604220928787.
21. Abraham B. & Kumar, R. (2020). " Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd: Searching Its Glorious Days", South Asian Journal of Business and Management Cases, Vol 9 (3), pp. 359-374. https://doi.org/10.1177/2277977920959583. (ABS-I, Scopus Indexed)
22. Saha, K., Kumar, R., Dutta, S. K., & Tiwari, P. (2021). Validating multidimensional entrepreneurial orientation in emerging economies. European Business Review, 33(5), 797-817. https://doi.org/10.1108/EBR-07-2020-0184. (ABDC - B, Scopus Indexed)
23. Virmani, N., Bera, S. and Kumar, R. (2021), "Identification and testing of barriers to sustainable manufacturing in the automobile industry: a focus on Indian MSMEs", Benchmarking: An International Journal, Vol. 28 No. 3, pp. 857-880. https://doi.org/10.1108/BIJ-08-2020-0413. (ABDC - B, Scopus Indexed)
24. Kumar, R., & Duggirala, A. (2021). Health insurance as a healthcare financing mechanism in India: key strategic insights and a business model perspective. Vikalpa, 46(2), 1–17. https://doi.org/10.1177/02560909211027089. (ABS-I, Scopus Indexed)
25. Kesharbani, N. K., Kumar, R., & Borah, M. J. (2021). The little rice recipe for continuous business growth in an emerging economy. Rutgers Business Review, 6(3), 366-381. https://rbr.business.rutgers.edu/article/little-rice-recipe-continuous-business-growth-emerging-economy. (ABDC - B, Scopus Indexed)
26. Duggirala, A., & Kumar, R. (2021). The Welfare State in India: From Segmented Approach to Systems Approach in Social Protection. Indian Journal of Human Development, 15(3), 547–556. https://doi.org/10.1177/09737030211062091. (Scopus Indexed)
27. Kumar, R. and Bose, P. (2022), "Case Study Telecom industry and competitive landscape in India: will MTNL and BSNL successfully recover?", IIM Ranchi Journal of Management Studies, Vol. 1 No. 1, pp. 82-98. https://doi.org/10.1108/IRJMS-12-2021-0179
Books/ Book Chapter
1. Kumar, R. (2010) "Health Insurance: The Need of the Hour", Raj Publication House, Jaipur. Available at: http://www.amazon.in/Health-insurance-need-Rohit-kumar/dp/9381005052
2. Kumar, R. (2019) The Five Strategic Building Blocks of Mandated Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).In: Mitra N., Schmidpeter R. (eds) Mandated Corporate Social Responsibility. CSR, Sustainability, Ethics & Governance. Springer, Cham. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-24444-6_3.
3. Manas, J B. & Kumar, R. (2020). Exploring Strategic Innovation: Prescriptive and Exploratory Opportunities. In: Samik S., Punit S (eds) Unlocking Management Research: A Road Map to Future Business. ANVESH 2020 . pp 319-326. NIRMA University, ISBN978-81-949561-0-5
4. Neeraj, K. & Kumar, R. (2020). Ten Critical Aspects of Strategy and Innovation. In: Samik S., Punit S (eds) Unlocking Management Research: A Road Map to Future Business. ANVESH 2020. pp 311-318. NIRMA University, ISBN978-81-949561-0-5.
5. Kumar, R. & Kumar, A. (2020). Conceptualizing Corporate Entrepreneurship Capability and Its Linkages Towards Firm Performance. In, Sustainable Business: Concepts, Methodologies, Tools, and Applications. pp 1771-1796. IGI Global. DOI: 10.4018/978-1-5225-9615-8.ch080. ISBN13: 9781522596158.
6. Kumar, R., Dutta, S. K., Ahsan, F. M., Mukherjee, S., & Dasgupta, S. A. (Eds.). (2021). Strategic management and entrepreneurship: a reflection on the last three decades and the way forward. Alexis Foundation.
Conference proceedings and Presentation
1. Rohit Kumar. (2016). “CSR Global Best Practices and Vision Framework for India”. Proceedings of International Conference - 2016 on Corporate Finance, Governance and Sustainability. October21-23. Delhi School of Business, New Delhi, India.
2. Amit Kumar, Rohit Kumar. (2016).“Tacit Knowledge Transfer in Entrepreneurial Networks: The Moderating Role of Incubator/Accelerator Affiliation”. Proceedings of Strategic Management Society: SMS Special Conference in Hong Kong, December 10-12. Hong Kong.
3. Kaustav Saha, Rohit Kumar, Swarup Dutta. (2016). “Entrepreneurial Orientation in Emerging Economies: Networking as sixth Dimension”. Proceedings of Strategic Management Society: SMS Special Conference in Hong Kong, December 10-12. Hong Kong.
4. Rohit Kumar. (2016). “Assessment of the Role of Private Health Insurance”. HEAT 2016. Organized by the Healthcare Committee, T.A. Pai Management Institute, Manipal, Nov 11-12, Manipal, India.
5. Rohit Kumar. (2017). “Healthcare Financing: Strategic Choices for Gaining Competitive Advantage”. Proceedings of20th Nirma International Conference on Management (NICOM-2017), Nirma University, Jan 05-07, Ahmedabad, India.
6. Kaustav Saha, Rohit Kumar, Swarup Dutta, Tanushree Dutta. (2017). Paper titled “A Content Adequate Five-Dimensional Entrepreneurial Orientation Scale”, accepted for presented during the Academy of Management (AoM) Meeting taking place on August 4-8 in Atlanta, Georgia, USA.
7. Kumar, R. (2018, November 14-16).Health Insurance in India: Key Success Factors and the Need for Business Model Innovation. Paper presented at the 8th International Conference for Sustainability and Responsibility (ICSR), Cologne, Germany.
8. Kumar, R. (2018, December 13-14).The building blocks of CSR framework: key components and drivers in the Indian context. Paper presented at the 8th PRIME Asia Forum, Mumbai: SPJIMR.
9. Kumar, R. (2018, December 25-27).Corporate entrepreneurship as practice. Paper presented at the Strategic Management Forum Annual Convention 2018, Tiruchirappalli: Indian Institute of Management Tiruchirappalli.
10. Saha, K & Kumar, R. (2018, December 15-18). Deconstructing Entrepreneurial Orientation Dimensions in Emerging Economies. Paper presented at the Strategic Management Conference (SMS), Indian School of Business (ISB), Hyderabad.
11. Kumar, R. (2018, December 25-27). Design thinking, innovation &corporate entrepreneurship (DICE). Paper presented at the Strategic Management Forum Annual Convention 2018, Tiruchirappalli: Indian Institute of Management Tiruchirappalli.
12. Rohit Kumar. (2020, January 3-5). Health financing in India: key success factors business model and strategic choices for gaining competitive advantage, Presented in conference on Customer, Competition and Marketing Strategy (NICOM 2020), Institute of Management, Nirma University, Ahmedabad, India.
13. Kumar, R. (2020, January 03-05). Policy holder protection – keyaspects, service recovery and global best practices on complaint management system. Paper presented in the 23rd Nirma International Conference onManagement (NICOM – 2020): Institute of Management, Nirma University, Ahmedabad, India.
14. Kumar, R. (2019, December 27-29). Strategy mind-map: usage and practical implications. Paper presented in the 21st Annual Convention of Strategic Management forum: Indian Institute of Management Lucknow, India.
16. Kesharbani, N., Kumar, R. (2021, August 31- September 3). Navigating in disruption with inclusive “Strategic Continuum”. Paper presented at the 35th Annual Conference of the British Academy of Management (BAM) organized by Lancaster University Management School, United Kingdom.
17. Kumar, R. & Hazarika, K. (2021, June 11-13). Battling COVID-19: A Case Study of an Institute of National Importance. Paper presented at the International Summit on Management Case Studies (ISMCs 2021) organized by IIM Ranchi, India.
18. Kumar, R. & Sarkar, D. (2021, June 11-13). Responsible management education: Can a five-tiered framework and an internal stakeholder perspective help battle COVID-19? Paper presented at the International Summit on Management Case Studies (ISMCs 2021) organized by IIM Ranchi, India.
19. Borah, M., Kumar, R. & Kesharbani, N. (2021, Dec 16-17). Socio-Cognitive Analysis of Female Social Entrepreneurship and the Role Entrepreneurial Ecosystem. Paper presented at the 08th PAN IIM World Management Conference organized by IIM Kozhikode, Kerala, India.
20. Kumar, R. & Bose, P. (2021, Dec 27-30). Vodafone-Idea: How to Survive the Competitive Telecom Battle in India? Paper presented at the Strategic Management Forum (SMF) – Annual Conference 2021 organised by IIM Nagpur, India.
21. Kumar, R. & Bose, P. (2022, Jan 7-9). BSNL and MTNL: Can they Recover from Industry Rivalry and Competitive Battles in the Indian Telecon Industry? Paper presented at the 7th Biennial Indian Association of Management (INDAM) Conference 2022 organized by IIM Rohtak, India.
22. Kumar, R. & Gupta, D. (2022, Jan 7-9). A Case Study on Titan Watches’ Strategic Shift - Will it Work? Paper presented at the 7th Biennial Indian Association of Management (INDAM) Conference 2022 organized by IIM Rohtak, India.